ADuCM4050 Arm® Cortex®-M4F Processor
ADI’s ADuCM4050 an integrated ultra-low power microcontroller unit (MCU) for processing, control, and connectivity. The MCU system is based on the Arm Cortex-M4F processor. The MCU also has a collection of digital peripherals, embedded static random access memory (SRAM) and embedded Flash memory, and an analog subsystem that provides clocking, reset, and power management capabilities in addition to an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) subsystem.
The AduCM4050 features include an up to 52 MHz Arm Cortex-M4F processor, 512 kB of embedded Flash memory with error correction code (ECC), an optional 4 kB cache for lower active power, and 128 kB system SRAM with parity. The ADuCM4050 features a power management unit (PMU), multilayer advanced microcontroller bus architecture (AMBA) bus matrix, central direct memory access (DMA) controller, and beeper interface.
The device features cryptographic hardware supporting advanced encryption standard (AES)-128 and AES-256 with secure hash algorithm (SHA)-256 and the following modes: electronic codebook (ECB), cipher block chaining (CBC), counter (CTR), and cipher block chaining message authentication code (CCM/CCM) modes. The ADuCM4050 has protected key storage with key wrap/unwrap and keyed hashed message authentication code (HMAC) with key unwrap.
The ADuCM4050 supports serial port (SPORT), serial peripheral interface (SPI), I2C, and universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) peripheral interfaces. The device features a real-time clock (RTC), general-purpose and watchdog timers, and programmable general-purpose input/output (GPIO) pins. There is a hardware cyclic redundancy check (CRC) calculator with programmable generator polynomial. The device also features a power on reset (POR) and power supply monitor (PSM), a 12-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC, a red/green/blue (RGB) timer for driving RGB LED, and a true random number generator (TRNG). To support low dynamic and hibernate power management, the ADuCM4050 MCU provides a collection of power modes and features such as dynamic- and software-controlled clock gating and power gating. The AduCM4050 is ideal for wearables, fitness, and clinical applications.
- EEMBC ULPMark™-CP score (3 V): 189
- Ultra-low power active and hibernate modes
- Active mode dynamic current: 41 µA/MHz (typ.)
- Flexi mode: 400 µA (typ.)
- Hibernate mode: 0.65 µA (typ.)
- Shutdown mode: 50 nA (typ.)
- Shutdown mode (fast wake-up): 0.20 µA (typ.)
- Arm Cortex-M4F processor at 52 MHz with FPU, MPU, ITM with SWD interface
- Power management
- Memory options
- 512 kB of embedded Flash memory with ECC
- 4 kB of cache memory to reduce active power
- 128 kB of configurable system SRAM with parity
- Optional buck converter for improved efficiency
- Single-supply operation (connected to VBAT pins): 1.74 V to 3.6 V
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart agriculture
- Smart building
- Smart metering
- Smart city
- Smart machine
- Sensor network
- Fitness and clinical
- Machine learning and neural networks